Monday, May 7, 2012

Creating site collection templates


In the article “How to create Site Collection in a specificContent Database” have a site collection was created is MyHome.
Go to Site > Site Actions > Click to Save site as template at Site Actions category
Type File name: MyHome, Template name: MyHome then click OK
Then save site as template successful, download that template and save to C:/ driver
Create site collection from template using Central Admin > Application Management > Create site collections
Title: My Home Template
URL: /sites/MyHomeTemplate
Select a template: <Select template later… > ! Important
Click to “Solution Gallery” link
Upload template “MyHome.wsp” in C:\ driver to solution then Active it
Go back before page you will see tab custom appear with template “MyHome” then click OK

At Visitors to this site: Use an existing group
Member of this site: Use an existing group
Owner of this site: Use an existing group
Then click OK
Result new site collection is created successful from template

2 comments:

  1. hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.
    Feel free to surf my page :: view

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really when someone doesn't be aware of after that its up
    to other users that they will assist, so here
    it happens.

    Feel free to visit my web blog portable induction cooktop (http://list.ly)

    ReplyDelete